Terms & Conditions
The relevant deposit amount per person will be due upon receipt of your booking form. An invoice for payment will then be emailed to you requesting the appropriate deposit followed by an invoice receipt and confirmation of your booking once payment has been made.
Balance of payment:
We will send you an email requesting final balance of payment no later than 8 weeks prior to tour date. Late payment may result in the loss of your deposit and cancellation of your tour.
Circumstances beyond our control may dictate an increase in the cost of your tour. Any increase less than 6% of the published price will be absorbed within the original price – any increase over 6%, if they occur more than 8 weeks before travel, we may add to the final cost of your tour.
Breakfast where possible, usually continental style or a buffet style cooked breakfast meal or choice of cereals etc is included within the price of your tour.
If you cancel:
All cancellations must be in writing and the following terms apply:
Loss of full deposit.
You may transfer your deposit to another tour within the tour season that you have booked. In the event of you cancelling that tour, you will lose your deposit.
You may transfer your booking to another person. However, you will be liable for any administration costs (typically £35) and will be responsible for your nominee paying their monies in full.
Less than 8 weeks before departure no refund.
If we cancel:
We reserve the right to cancel any tour – however, this would only become necessary in exceptional circumstances. In such an event, we would hope to offer you an alternative. If this were not possible or acceptable, we would issue a full refund. Atlas motorcycle Tours will not be held responsible or offer a refund/compensation in any of the following situations: war, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen cancellations due to industrial disputes and/or weather.
Arrangements for your tour are made months in advance. It is therefore inevitable that changes can occur. In most cases, these changes will be minor and will not affect your holiday. However, in the event of a major change, we will advise you immediately and you may then (a) continue the tour with the new itinerary, (b) accept an alternative of the same or similar value, or (c) cancel your holiday with a full refund.
In accordance with the Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulations 1992 and EC Directive 90/314EC all monies will be kept in trust until such times as your tour is complete.
We accept responsibility for supplying as near as physically possible a tour package as described in our Tour Brochure. We are unable to control any deficiencies in services due to local conditions, maintenance, industrial dispute or weather.
- Advise Atlas motorcycle Tours of any illness, infirmity, allergies, and disabilities, health issues of any kind or dietary needs that may affect your touring holiday.
- Be a competent rider with a machine that is road legal, mechanically sound and of a type suitable for touring (600cc and higher).
- Hold a valid Certificate of Insurance covering machine, rider and pillion.
- Have the ability to get yourself and/or bike home in the event of a breakdown, accident or emergency, by having suitable breakdown and recovery insurance with Repatriation cover.
- To ensure your vehicle is secure overnight or when leaving the motorcycle unattended. Atlas motorcycle Tours accept no responsibility for the loss of belongs or vehicles.
For overseas tours you must have the following documents:
- Valid UK passport (ensure visa not required if non-UK). Passport must have at least 6 months remaining by the time you return
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) (can be obtained online or by post from any main Post Office) Note: E111 Certificate is no longer valid
- European insurance cover for your bike – must include repatriation in the event of an accident or serious breakdown.
- Personal Travel Insurance for yourself and pillion (if appropriate). This must include medical cover including any possible repatriation in the event of serious illness or accident. We also recommend you include cancellation cover.
NB: Breakdown and Personal Insurance are compulsory on all our tours.